Public AdministratorArea Agency on Aging
The Public Administrator (PA) investigates and may administer the estates of persons who die with no will or without an appropriate person willing or able to act as administrator. The Public Administrator has the same duties and functions as private administrators. They are to:
- Protect the decedent's property from waste, loss or theft.
- Make appropriate burial arrangements.
- Conduct thorough investigations to discover all assets.
- Ensure that the estate is administered according to the decedent's wishes.
- Pay decedent's bills and taxes.
- Locate persons entitled to inherit from the estate and ensure that these individuals receive their inheritance.